Friday, October 12, 2007

Sad heart

I have a sad heart, even though I know it is not rational.

I realized something last night. We were told last month that an Asian baby girl would be coming off the registry in mid-October, so we would be likely traveling at that time to meet her. It is now mid-October, and we have not received an LOI. Even if we got one tomorrow, that would not put us in Kaz until very late Oct. or early Nov. And the baby girl's registry date has likely not changed. This means that this little Asian girl is probably not meant to be Lucatore-Lucia. Hopefully it also means that she has already found a loving home, and does not need ours. And that little Lucatore-Lucia is still out there waiting, and soon will be sending for us. But my heart still feels a little broken, because it started to fall in love with the mystery baby girl. I cried a bit last night.

Lucatore-lucia, I will be as patient as I need to be. I know you are worth it. Love -mom

(P.S. - thanks to all who leave comments- it really brightens my day to check in and read them!)

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Keep your chin up! You will be in Kaz just as soon as your baby is ready for you!

We have been waiting a while too so I do know that it is so hard!

Sonya

Angela said...

I am sorry that you have not gotten an LOI. It has to be so hard to wait. We are at the end of gathering our paperwork, so we are not there yet. I wish you the very best!

We are at http://babygirlmakes4.blogspot.com/ if you want to check in!

P.S. I have been wanting to post a comment about this for a while - our son's name is Luca! If he had been a girl he may have been Lucia.

Jeannine said...

Tam & Sal-- I have had those same feelings too, so know you are not alone.. I think it gets worse the closer you get because you do start to have an idea-- you get info or see pics of child who was just found by her parents-- and you wonder "should he/she have been mine?"
But, if there is one thing that all of the parents who have traveled have told me, it is that you will come home with the baby that was meant for you. Keep the faith-- soon your sadness will be replaced by utter joy.. You will find the Lucatore/Lucia that truly is your child.

Unknown said...

Blessings to you, sweetheart. I'm so sorry you haven't heard anything yet. I love you and Lucatore-Lucia!