Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Gotcha!!!!!

So that’s it! About 20 minutes ago, the judge decreed that we are the legal parents of Aliya Lucia. Better yet, the prosecutor had no objections, so while the 15-day appeal period is still required, it should be just a formality. I am so, so grateful that I cannot do it justice here.

And best of all, we had 2 visits with her today, about 1.5 hours apiece. She is so much bigger and more coordinated, and about 15-seconds away from crawling all over the room. When she first saw us, she grabbed our fingers and had a contented little look on her face. Shortly thereafter, she became more shy & reserved, but by the afternoon visit she loosened up and was laughing, smiling, interacting like a champ. She is such a precious little joy.

Other than that, the only other piece of news is that they changed our departure flight, so we have to leave first thing tomorrow AM (no visit with the girl), and will then have 13 hour layover in Almaty. I’m too exhausted to write more, so will just share some pictures from today. Merry Christmas, Happy Gotcha Day & lots of love to all back home!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Congratulations. Merry Christmas! wow that is amazing that it has all happened so fast. I am so happy for you guys, now a family of four.

May you travel safely home and that you will be back to get your daughter soon.

Safe travels!
Sandi

Of Words and Weather said...

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now auntie ginger will have to learn very quickly how to knit.

If you need help fixing up baby room, maybe I can join in.

love,
ging

Excited Grandma said...

What a wonderful, wonderful Christmas present!!! Can't wait to help you start decorating her room!

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

You know how you can cry with happiness? I think my heart just broke open! I'm just grabbing my cheeks because I don't know what to do with my hands! But when Aliya gets home, I'll use them for snuggling and tickling and rubbing her head, okay? Congratulations, Parents! Happy day and Merry Christmas, Mommy and Daddy!

The Keisters send blessings and love to you all!!! Aliya's parents! Hot damn!

Shawna said...

Double yahoo!!!! She is ALL YOURS, that's just too exciting for words. I am just so excited for you! God speed home. Two down, one to go!