Friday, December 7, 2007

Norah Jones made me cry

I've known this song for years, but it caught my ear in a whole new way this morning on the way to work, and suddenly I was crying out loud.

"Spinning, laughing, dancing to her favorite song
A little girl with nothing wrong
Is all alone

Eyes wide open
Always hoping for the sun
And she'll sing her song to anyone
that comes along

Fragile as a leaf in autumn
Just fallin' to the ground
Without a sound

Crooked little smile on her face
Tells a tale of grace
That's all her own

Spinning, laughing, dancing to her favorite song
A little girl with nothing wrong
And she's all alone "

Oh my gosh, I miss little Aliya so much it makes me ache.
I have a lot to say, since getting home, I really do. The experience has "gelled", and new insights keep springing into my mind at unexpected times. Unfortunately, though, being home makes it a lot harder to find the time to get these insights out of my brain and into the blog, where they belong. I will try to rectify this over the weekend.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow those words are powerful and I am sure it makes it that much harder to be away from Aliya. It really does stink that you got caught up in the holidays, seems so unfair.

I am expected to be in Kostanai end of January I am awaiting my official LOI. I hope that they are able to go back to the normal timeline once the holidays are over, however I have resolved myself to the fact that this region is just going to make it more difficult for those of us who want to bring one of their childrens home. I will be travelling solo so any insight you have I would greatly apprecite it.

Sandi

Kristen said...

Hi Tam,

I was surprised to see this song on your blog today...Norah Jones is Annika's favorite and she listens to this CD almost every night as she falls asleep. Her favorite is the one that says "you'll be on my mind forever" and she tells me that whenever she heads off to school or when I leave for work...always gives a little tear, its so sweet.

Hope Aliya is home soon.

Warmly,

Kristen
Mommy to Annika Age 4,
from Karaganda