Sunday, February 3, 2008

Baby on Board (amazing)!






Well, I am so overwhelmed with joy that I don’t know whether to laugh or cry, so I’ve been doing a little of both. Little Aliya is asleep in the crib beside me in our small hotel room. We have been her parents for 2.5 hours, and they were a perfect way to start our new life with her. I don’t know what happened to the solemn, serious little kid we left in Kostonai, because this baby is full of laughs, smiles and shouts of glee. Since the moment we picked her up at the airport tonight, there was not a single fuss or frown (I know, I know, it’s only been 2.5 hours). When we got back to the Hotel Kazzhol, Aliya got to enjoy, for I assume the first time, the joy of sitting around in only a diaper, and she was shocked by both her feet and her bellybutton (those are mine? amazing!) play on the fancy play mat Aunt Beth gave us (that mirror is amazing!), fed herself some crunchy baby peach puffs (they melt in your mouth - amazing!), had a nice blowout of diarrhea in her diaper, then on me, then on the changing pad, then in the toilet (she also peed as soon as we put her over the toilet – amazing to us!), then went back to the play mat (it’s still amazing!), then discovered Sal’s nose and my hair (ouch! I mean – amazing!) then had a nice baba, which took her a minute to accept the new nipple & formula – but then sucked the whole thing down without a pause - amazing!), and then we put her down in her crib, and she was all smiles and giggles, and then soothed herself to sleep within 5 minutes (wow. truly amazing!).

I don’t know what to write – beyond the factual synopsis I am at a complete loss for words. I’m just going to post this and watch my baby girl sleep.

11 comments:

kimmy said...

I am also at a loss for words, I felt my heart well up with joy for you as soon as I started reading your blog, well congratulations once again to all of you.
Just wanted you to know that all is well on the home front, Oz is his usual self, he came to work with me on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it~ I can't wait to read more of your blogs......

Sandi said...

I am so happy for you guys. How amazing that you have her in your apartment. Congratulations again and I hope that your trip is quick.

Sandi

Unknown said...

Oh, Tam and Sal! it's just a real life miracle that has brought you to your daughter all the way across the world. how perfect that you have found each other, and her contentment is just everyone's way of knowing that it's all quite right! she's finally home - that is, with her parents, and that's what home is! i'm all mushy-gushy because my heart is all a-swollen and drippy, thinking of her in peaceful slumber while her parents hold her in their gaze... everything is right in the world!

lovelovelovelovelove to you both and love to Aliya - as much as she can hold in her little warm hands.

Mel

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Shame, shame...don't you know that Aliya is going to immediately catch a cold if she doesn't have on at least three layers of clothes and two pairs of socks?! ;)

Isn't it great to finally see Aliya's belly and feet? We were so tickled to see Roxana's outy belly button and long toes when we got her out of the baby house. What joy we who've been through so much find in such simple things!

I'm so very happy that you're finally united! I hope all continues to go smoothly in Almaty and that you get to come home soon.

That Girl said...

Tam and Sal I'm soooooo happy for you!! See! All that breathing was worth it! ;)
Congrats and can't wait to see more pictures of your amazing little girl.

Fandi

dcbabe said...

I am so happy for your family.

She is so blessed to have you as you are blessed to have her.

Enjoy!!!

Shawna said...

How exciting! I am just so thrilled for you both. And to think... the journey is only just beginning! A new baby, that apparently already knows how to use a toilet! They should all come that way ;)

All the best for a safe and uneventful trip home.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful... We are so very happy for the 3 of you!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Congratulations on finally being together! Wishing you guys an easy and uneventful time in Almaty! You'll be home before you know it and this will all seem like a distant memory...
Sara, Adam, and Rylie (we were in Astana from 10/07-12-07)

Our Family of Bloggers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Excited Grandma said...

oh, sweeties, she is so-o-o adorable! Can't wait to get my arms around her chubby little belly on Friday. Just hope the hassles with the paperwork are minimal and that the weather cooperates for your flights home.

Love you all!