Monday, February 18, 2008

Trading Snow hat for Sun hat

What a beautiful Monday we're having! Aliya has slept through the night for 3 nights in a row, and we're all feeling like new people. And today we lucked out with a break in the cold, dreary February weather - it's 68F and sunny out! Aliya went for her first long outside walk, with bare tootsies and a sun hat. She babbled and kicked her legs the whole time.

Afterward, she enjoyed some refreshing time playing with the grass, mud, moss and twigs in our front yard. Can't wait til this weather kicks in for the season.







Also on today's menu, and extremely messy lunch. Here are the before and after pictures:


This past weekend we enjoyed a nice long visit with Nina & Justin. Aliya took to them with lightening speed. Dexter, however, who has already been battling baby-envy, nearly blew a gasket when Phoenix got to sit at the table during lunch. Poor Dex.









Aliya is pure joy, even when she's fussing and crying (the latter of which is primarily reserved for car rides - she hates 'em!). My heart is so full. As Gia recently predicted to me, mommyhood

has exceeded my expectations.

5 comments:

Susan said...

What great pictures! She is probably relishing not being bundled up in all those layers!
:)

I don't know if i've commented on your blog before, but I know I read it. Let me introduce myself. :)
I'm Susan, and we just found out we're going to Kostanai to adopt our daughter too! I am excited! We don't know when we're going at this point, but summer is an estimate. I love seeing your family home safe and sound, and look forward to following Sandi on her journey there (we are with the same agency)

I know it was a long road getting her home but i'm so happy you are home safe and sound and happy. i love her bare feet. :)

Trudi said...

Well, I will introduce myself too!
I am Trudi and am the delighted, over-the-moon grandmother of Aila who has been home about 7 weeks now. Unfortunately for us, Aila lives 3,000 miles away so I have to console myself by reading blogs, oohing and aahing at the beautiful children from Kaz and occasionally giving grandmother tips.

I had to chime in and say that your beautiful child is a joy - and what a gift to have a winter break with her! I loved your posting!

Regina said...

I am so happy you guys are home safe and sound, and enjoying your new life with Aliya! What a journey you have been through.

I recently posted a blog entry with photos of lots of Kaz cuties who have come home recently. Would you mind if I included a couple of photos of Aliya from your blog?
You can see it at www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com

Please let me know: regina@ruopoli.com

Thanks and all the best!!!
Regina

Unknown said...

Man, she is so cute! I'm missing her! I can't wait until we can spend much more time together!

lovelovelovelovelove
Mel

Anonymous said...

related post
http://katarashop.blogspot.com/2009/06/combo-weave-large-sun-hat-natural.html

best regard
katarashop