Friday, November 30, 2007

Kazakhstani Homesick Blues

We're home, safe and sound, after what we both agree was the most grueling travel of our lives. We have just reunited with Ava (the Big A), and despite a stupor of jetlag are eagerly embarking on spending the weekend soaking up her joyful little presence. We really missed her tremendously.

It's good to be home. But I'm homesick for Aliya (the little A). In some ways the entire month feels like a dream, and I'm clinging to it, trying to keep it from fragmenting in the months until we get her home. I started re-watching the videos of her as soon as we walked in the door. Now that we're back in the land of FIOS, I'll post a good-quality video in the near future.

Just got a quick update that our ailing fellow-traveler has been moved out of icu (good), but still having some pretty significant neurologic symptoms (bad). Please keep him & his family in your thoughts.

I'm off to play with Ava, but will post some travel thoughts, for those with upcoming trips, in the near future. And , stepping one last time onto the soap box - anyone going to Kaz should buy travel insurance with med-evac coverage.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I remember the 3 month wait we had for our second trip during our first adoption. It was a long awful three months but it does go by fast if you keep yourself busy and with Ava I am sure you will have no problem. My advise to anyone waiting is to start a lifebook or scrapbook, it will make the time fly!

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com